ETHICAL CONFLICTS REVISED
The APESB has issued a revised APES GN 40 Ethical Conflicts in the Workplace – Considerations for Member in Business to replace the 2015 version.
The key changes include:
- Revisions to reflect the restructured APES 110 Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (including Independence Standards)
- Amendments to the scope and application section to align with other APESB pronouncements
- Inclusion of guidance that refers members to requirements in the code on responding to non-compliance with laws and regulations
- Inclusion of references and guidance on the updated whistleblowing legislation
- Inclusion of guidance for members when they face pressure to breach fundamental principles, and
- An updated layout for case studies.
The revised APES GN 40 is effective as of date of issue.
Dan Wade is the audit expert at Wrights Chartered Accountants, make an appointment to speak with him here.